Thursday, May 20, 2010

I pissed Brandy off this morning! We were working retrieve as the deer
was running in the near by woods, Brandy ignored me, I corrected her.
The other several attempts were good but the deer was long gone by
then, however I notice that distraction hangs in the air for a while
even if the cause of it had disappeared .
For some reason after that I
have decided to work with my keys. I tossed them out and sent Brandy. When she arrived to the keys she started sniffing the ground around
them and then actually stepped away from them still sniffing the
ground. I jerked her back and made an attempt to deliver a correction.
As soon as I started working on the collar she strayed twisting and
hissing and trying to get away from me towards the keys, however I
was determined to make a correction this time. After a quick
correction she lunged forward and I let her, but as soon as she got to
the keys she started sniffing the ground again, so I jerked her back
and attempted to get the correction. This time she was screeching and
hissing even more and even made an attempt to get her teeth
onto me. This time we managed to get together almost to the keys,
when she managed to get away from me, she grabbed the keys and
delivered them to me. On the next retrieve everything went pretty
smooth. I did one or two more key retrieves, throwing them on top of
the old, dry pile of leaves and that went well also, so we stopped.
This evening before Anya's concert I stopped at home to for a few min, the weather was so good that I had to really restrain myself from working Brandy today, although I would not have had time anyway. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a chance. I was trying to chill or rather enjoy a bit of sun on the back yard, watching Brandy hopping around like a bunny. When she does that I wish we had a real yard and not a tiny bit, so she can enjoy chasing rabbits there. Brandy was standing in front of me mybe 6-8 feet away and I suddenly decided to give her a down command, I had no leash on her, but I was ready to step in and use the tab on her collar in case I would need a correction, to my great surprise the down came swiftly and she folded nicely back without any front movement. All that time I was trying to make her to do it and I was totally unsuccessful and here we go! Not sure how I will get it out of her again, she probably was standin naturally and nothing was stopping her from folding back. I guess I just keep on working on the stand and keep on doing what I was doing, so hopefully it will sink in eventually.
Today I was so bored at work! There is nothin worse than being stuck at work with nothing to do and knowing that at home I could be doing so many fun things, like training Brandy for example! I would have probably found a way to sneak out early and work her a little bit, but I think she really needed a day off and today was a good day for it.
I am thinking that I really would like to add pictures to the blog and I would like to start videotaping our sessions, I bet it would be very useful to go back an see things. I have a nice photo camera, I just can't bring myself to spend time uploading those pictures, I am really bad with getting pictures off the card.
Where the video camera is concerned I want to buy the flip camera (HD). they seem kind of neat, but I need to save money. My allowance is $40 a week and the camera on amazon is $160, it will take me all summer to save for one, and then it will be too cold for me to go out to do something like this. Too bad I didn't think about before mothers day:-( Now I need to worry about Alex's birthday and fathers day instead of my camera. Oh well, I guess I should suck it up and use the one we have, althouh it will require a tape and not as small as the flip one.

No comments:

Post a Comment