Friday, May 21, 2010

one step forward two steps back

Tonight we went to our practice place at school. Our usual spot was taken by some people with dogs so I set myself a little bit further but not too far from them. They were a very good distraction for Brandy, but unfortunately they were a distraction for me too. I do not feel comfortable working in front of them, but I guess I need to get over it.
In addition Charlotte was very cranky and was driving me crazy, poor girl has a red swollen, itchy face and was really miserable, so I can hardly blame her for being that way. But this caused me to be kind of up tight and I am sure Brandy sensed it, plus we were short on time.
We went through jumping and then worked on heeling. Charlotte was calling the pattern, that made her a bit happier. We also worked on figure 8, both heeling and figure 8 were kind of bad, I guess partially because of the dogs and I am sure partially because of me.
We worked on retrieve on the flat, and once I had to correct Brandy - she threw a fight but we managed. Later I put out different items for her to retrieve as we didn't practice it for a while and everything went well but she blew me off on the last item - the metal spoon. When I tried to correct her she started growling and attempting to correct my hand. Here is my problem, I didnt feel comfortable taking care of the issue in front of those people as she starts screeching even before I touch her - such an actress, so after Brandy brought that spoon back I headed towards the near by trees away from their eyes. After a bit of a fight she brought the spoon back and we repeated it couple more times until it was clean. When we came home and I put Charlotte to bed, I picked up a small metal lock and asked her to fetch it, of course we did an introduction first, everything went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment