Tuesday, July 27, 2010

another match

This past Sunday we went to another match.
It's interesting how my impression of the match different from someone watching the recording. After we were done, I thought it was terrible, but watching the video makes me think we did pretty good. The set up was perfect - just what I was afraid of when thinking of the real thing. The space was tight, and owners didn't care where their dog sticks it's nose. If not for the toy that Brandy had to carry, I would have been in real trouble. On the ring next to us was a papillion doing an open run through. If you pay attention you can see how Brandy's body language changed at the end of the on leash heeling, when papillion was doing the jump, so I get a chance to correct her, and few more times until I thought I got her attention.
During stays, on the ring next to us was a tiny boston terrier, doing utility, so Brandy's head was following the dog, but she never broke her stay. However, I was pretty disappointing with Sit/stay, I didn't feel it was solid enough. Brandy was trying to get to know dogs next to her - not cool! I guess I need to find another match to go to ASAP, as I got ahead from Margot to enter Brandy in trials at the end of august. I hope it's not too late and the registration is still opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment