Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trials!

So we finally entered our first trials that will be on August 28/29 weekend. And it seems that right after I wrote the check everything got broken. The heeling is broken, we cannot do left turns any more. Brandy is lagging during the heeling. The fronts got broken. For some reason Brandy had decided that the right thing to do is to sit in front of me and to the side, no more just in front of me. What the hell?! I don't think that many explanations are needed to describe how frustrated I am . The clock is ticking, and we are on vacation the week of the 16th. I am scared to make things worse, and not sure if I should be working on this or just leaving it alone.
I think I am a big problem in this picture, so I might just try doing the heeling pattern without the dog, and just ask my husband to call it for me.
We have our last "show and go" before the trails this saturday. The exciting things is that I am going to enter Brandy in open and novice. This will be our very first attempt at the open run through. We are not really ready for the open, as we do not have all the pieces together. We do not have a broad jump finished and we do not have drop on recall, but retrieves on the flat and over the high jump are coming along pretty good, well at least they were comming along pretty good until I started messing up yesterday - Brandy kept on going around the jump on the comeback, and I was too slow to interfeer in time.:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment